Vision & Mission
Excellence and equity in women’s health.
The South African Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists aims to achieve its vision by representing and supporting its members in pursuit of the following:
- Improvement in women’s health in South Africa.
- Maintenance of high ethical standards.
- Promotion of excellence in clinical practice, training and research in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Representing the discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology within the country, on the continent and internationally.
- Continuous professional development.
- Co-operation with the College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of South Africa, the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, the International Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FIGO) and other societies with similar goals.