There shall be three categories of members:
- The Society may elect honorary members from their own ranks or individuals whose service to Obstetrics and Gynaecology merit recognition. Nominations for such members must be submitted to the Council and supported by at least four members of the Society. Nominations must be accompanied by a written substantiating citation. Honorary members shall enjoy all the rights and privileges of membership, excluding voting rights.
The following shall be eligible for ordinary membership:
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists registered with the Health Professions Council of SA and residing in South Africa and Namibia.
- The rights and privileges of ordinary membership, including voting rights, shall be confined to members in good standing.
The following shall be eligible for associate membership:
- Any medical practitioner working in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology may apply for associate membership.
- All registrars in training.
- The rights and privileges of associate membership shall be confined to members in good standing but without voting rights.
- Registrars do not pay fees, but other associate members do.
The following shall be eligible for retired membership:
Termination of membership
- Members who retire from all active Obstetric and Gynaecological practice may become retired members. Such retired members shall pay no subscription and will have no voting rights.
- Membership may be terminated by resignation or at a general meeting of the Society by the decision of not less than two-thirds of the members present at the meeting.
- A member who has not paid the annual subscription within twelve months of rendering the first account may have the membership terminated.